Access Medical Records
There are three ways to access your medical records.
To access your medical records on your electronic device you must already be registered for Patient Access. To authorise this additional feature, please submit the form below. Once completed please attend the surgery three working days later, to verify and sign the document with two forms of identification:
- Photo ID – Driving license or Passport
- Proof of address – Bank statement, Utility or Council tax bill and must be dated within the last three months
A GP then needs to review your request, this may take up to 21 days. Once this has been authorised by the GP, you will be notified by text message with the password to view your records on Patient Access.
You will have access to your medical records for 11 days, after which it will expire. You may repeat this process at any time to access your medical records.
Application for Online Access to My Medical Records
You may wish to review your medical records at the practice. Please submit a request by email@example.com or letter to the practice containing your full name; date of birth; home address; and contact number. You will be allocated a 20 minute appointment slot to review your records. Appointment details must be confirmed with Reception Manager.
Please submit a request by email or letter to the practice containing your full name; date of birth; home address; and contact number.
Please state which type of records you require:
– copy of your full medical records (this contains both current and past records records from previous surgeries)
– a copy of your electronic records ( this usually only contains the record since your registration at Clapham Family Practice)
– please specify a period of time if you do not require the whole record
Please note we aim to prepare a copy of medical records within 30 days (in compliance to GDPR), however this may be delayed during the current pandemic.
Once your medical records are ready we will email you via a secure email tool called Egress, for which you will have to register. The email will contain a secure code and link which will direct you to a copy of your medical records. Egress allows us to send confidential information securely.